Japanese carmaker Nissan has revealed plans to secure 7,000 jobs in Britain, after confirming it will build its new Qashqai model at its Sunderland plant. Prime Minister Theresa May called the decision a very important commitment but did not specifically comment on any sweeteners or deals the government has made with Nissan. Late in September, group chief executive Carlos Ghosn warned that the company would need compensation for any tax barriers that might follow in the wake of the UK leaving the European Union.
Oct 27, 2016
Journalist Alastair Campbell and former boxer Frank Bruno both tell of their struggles in a new Channel 5 documentary Me and My Mental Illness being broadcast on Tuesday 1 November at 10pm. It looks at different mental health problems as sufferers speak directly and frankly about their experiences.
Oct 27, 2016
- Pakistan's Imran Khan unleashes $630-mn scam under CPEC; Pak military, China involved
- Incomet- Leading Company to Become Financially Independent
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das cuts repo rate to 4%, reverse repo rate to 3.35%: Key points from press meet
- New H-1B legislation is great news for Indians; here's why
- 'It's their choice': Mastercard to allow staff to work from home until coronavirus situation eases