The first Chinese-built passenger jet has taken off from Shanghai for its maiden flight. The C919 aircraft aims to compete with the Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 for the $2tn-worth global jet market. Some 570 of the planes have already been ordered, according to state-owned manufacturer Comac – and mostly by Chinese carriers.
May 5, 2017
Ukip are facing a wipeout in local elections across England and Wales with voters backing the Conservative Party in droves at the ballot box. Despite this potential humiliation, deputy chairman of the party Suzanne Evans claims Ukip is not finished, saying they were expecting poor results
May 5, 2017
ICICI Bank shares hit 52-week high on robust Q4 results, trigger rally in other bank stocks; Sensex above 30,000
Brexit Secretary David Davis has rejected claims Britain faces a soaring bill from Brussels for the EU exit on 3 May. European Commissions lead Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier later said the UK needs to honour its share of financial obligations.
May 3, 2017
Matrimony.com posts Rs. 300 crore in revenues for FY2017; IPO likely in September quarter, says founder-CEO Murugavel Janakiraman
Infosys decision to hire 10,000 Americans seen as yielding to pressure tactics of Trump administration
15 hours ago
- Trump imposes new tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- Arjuna Awards 2018: Full list of athletes recommended for prestigious honour
- Quick Response: High Court calls Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan's bluff on salary challenge
- India's market boom is coming to an end, Goldman Sachs warns
- Gold prices fall as investors turn to dollar for safety amid US-China trade tensions
- India delays imposition of higher tariffs on some US goods to November
- An outsider to replace CEO Francisco D'Souza at Cognizant?
- Central govt merges Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank; all you need to know