Mark Zuckerberg released video on 18 May of the moment he learned of his acceptance into Harvard University, where he later developed and founded Facebook. Zuckerberg said he released the video, filmed by his dad, ahead of his return to Harvard to receive his honorary degree. In the footage, he is seen in his bedroom opening an email from Harvard while dressed in his pyjamas.Yay, I got accepted, a teenage Zuckerberg says softly, before his father Edward Zuckerberg begins cheering.In the comments section on the Facebook post Zuckerberg provided some insight into the video.Before I went to college, my mom bet me Id drop out and my younger sister bet me shed finish college before me. I bet them Id get a degree. Now I suppose the cycle is complete, he wrote.
May 19, 2017
The US Treasury department announced on May 19 new sanctions on Venezuelan officials for alleged human rights abuses. The news comes as the month-long protests and deadly clashes continued against President Nicolas Maduros government.
May 19, 2017
4 hours ago
- Princess Diana's never-seen-before handwritten letter reveals her love for chocolate before her battle with bulimia
- Fifa World Cup: Iranian women the real winners as decades-old stadium ban lifted for Spain tie
- Germany fan designs flag with bras and panties to inspire Joachim Low's World Cup team in Russia
- Chhattisgarh: Man rapes, murders his four-year-old granddaughter, held
- Sistema exits Reliance Communications; sells its 10 percent stake
- Air Asia passengers complain of suffocation in 'smoky' flight, accuse airline of ill-treatment
- Chanda Kochhar exit: This is how ICICI Bank board edged out 'aggressive, defiant' CEO
- Blood on his hands: 'Fugitive' Mallya paid London staffers, but not those based in India, say Kingfisher employees
- As countermeasure, India hikes import duty on 29 US products