Science & Health☰
Mexicos Colima volcano, also known as the Fire Volcano, erupted on Monday (16 November) sending a plume of smoke and ash some 3,000 metres into the air. Located in the southwestern Mexican state of Colima, the volcano has been exhibiting continuous activity since 9 July which has prompted evacuations several times.
Nov 17, 2015
A swiftly spreading wildfire roared unchecked through Simi Valley, California, NBC said on Wednesday (11 November). The so-called Brush Fire, is among scores of blazes that have ravaged the drought-stricken western United States this summer, came amid what California fire officials described as unheard of fire behaviour this season.
Nov 12, 2015
Less than a week after a pair of eruptions, Mexicos Colima or Fire volcano pulled of the feat again Tuesday (10 November) morning, as its period of activity continues.
Nov 11, 2015
Climate change is a touchy subject in Champagne, because as France prepares to host world leaders for talks on how to slow it next month, producers of the regions famous sparkling wine have seen only benefits from global warming so far. The 1.2C increase in temperatures in the region over the past 30 years has reduced frost damage. It has also added 1% in the level of alcohol and reduced acidity, making it easier to comply with strict production rules, according to Champagne makers group CIVC.
Nov 10, 2015
Greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere reached a record high in 2014 as the relentless fuelling of climate change makes the planet more dangerous for future generations, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Monday (9 November).
Nov 9, 2015
Australia: Time-lapse video shows dramatic shelf storm descending over Sydney
Nov 6, 2015
Global warming: UN says gas emissions pledges are not enough
Nov 6, 2015
- Mystery behind the origin of 3,000-year-old 'alien' Paracas skulls revealed by DNA testing
- Fossilized aliens on Mars: Expert stuns with statement on crystal-shaped features discovered on red planet
- New gene-editing CRISPR tools can detect and repair Zika, dengue, sickle-cell disease in human genome
- Scientists discover 'aging clock' that can predict when you're likely to die [Exclusive]
- Scientists create new form of light: Will real-life Star Wars lightsabers be a reality?