Science & Health
Why Sahara dust clouds come to the UK and some of its surprise benefits
Dec 15, 2015
The first explosion took place in the early morning before sunrise and it was followed by another blast at 8.06am local time.
Dec 15, 2015
Hundreds of thousands of people were evacuated from the central Philippines on 14 December as Typhoon Melor made landfall with winds of up to 95mph, dumping heavy rain that could cause flooding, landslides and storm surges, authorities warned. About 40 domestic flights were grounded, while 73 ferries and hundreds of fishing boats were ordered to remain in port as Melor hit the village of Batag on the northern tip of Samar island.
Dec 14, 2015
Japanese researchers conducted an earthquake simulation on a 10-storey concrete structure on 11 December, with the aim of improving earthquake management strategies. At 27.45m high, it is the tallest concrete building ever to be tested in an earthquake simulation.
Dec 11, 2015
Residents of Glenridding in Cumbria, northwest England were hit with another round of flooding overnight. The flooding on 10 December was the second time the Glenridding villages river broke its banks.
Dec 10, 2015
10 minutes ago
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Man with fused jaw couldn't eat solid food for 38 years
- Oceans on Mars could have formed early because of violent volcanic eruptions
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic
- Sudan dead: World's last male northern white rhino euthanized in Kenya