Science & Health☰
Mexico: Rumbling Popocatepetl volcano erupts with ash and smoke
Oct 21, 2015
In a televised appeal on Monday (19 October), Britains Prince William has urged Chinese consumers to stop buying illegally traded wildlife products.
Oct 20, 2015
Mexicos Colima volcano erupted on Thursday (15 October) morning, spewing ash and smoke into the air, authorities reported.
Oct 16, 2015
Thick smoke from forest fires is severely affecting the health of orangutans in the country.
Oct 10, 2015
Twenty of the countries most vulnerable to climate change, from the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan to the Pacific island nation of Tuvalu, formed a new group to press for tougher action to curb warming. Finance ministers from the 20 nations joined for the first time in Lima, Peru to form The Vulnerable 20, or V20.
Oct 9, 2015
Mexicos Popocatepetl volcano erupted over several days, belching ash over Mexico Citys blue sky, authorities reported.
Oct 8, 2015
A drone video released by environment activist group Greenpeace on Thursday (October 8) showed widespread forest fires and burnt peatland in Indonesias West Kalimantanprovince on Borneo Island.
Oct 8, 2015
Dramatic drone footage from Guatemala taken days after mud and rock engulfed the small town of Santa Catarina Pinula last week has emerged, revealing the extent of the devastation that killed more than 150 people.
Oct 7, 2015
Mexicos Colima volcano erupted late on 4 October and continued on until 5 October spewing ash and smoke into the air, authorities reported.
Oct 6, 2015
2 hours ago
- Supermassive black holes, 10 billion times bigger than Sun, could be the most massive ever discovered
- Surgical sponges found in woman's abdomen 6 years after operation, but doctor washes hands of the matter
- Largest underwater cave in Mexico reveals 9000-year-old human and animal fossils from Ice Age [Video]
- Lonely juvenile tree with clear radioactive trace in its wood bears sign of new geological age
- Tasmanian tigers that went extinct 80 years ago can be brought back to life, claim scientists