The new provision replaces paragraph 652 in the Indian Railways Commercial Manual, Volume I, which provides for sleeping accommodation between 9 pm and 6 am.
Sep 18, 2017
In the early 1980s, it was Japan's Suzuki which had revolutionised India's automobile sector. Over three decades later, it is again Japan's Shinkansen which is set to revolutionise India's railways sector. And we can't really complain about it even if ordinary trains get derailed.
Sep 14, 2017
Officials working on the database said initial work has already commenced with a list of Sahitya Academy winning works being shortlisted.
Sep 4, 2017
The action, which came nearly 24 hours after the tragedy, was taken based on prima facie evidence.
Aug 21, 2017
Our ancestors were happy carrying home-made chapatis and pickle on train during long journeys. Today, when PM Modi is dreaming about bullet trains, we are happy to look back just to hide our inefficiency.
Jul 31, 2017
Railways ask passengers to carry home food on train: Brilliant, should they carry their home refrigerators too?
Temperature in AC coaches which was reportedly maintained at 19 degrees earlier, will now be raised to 24 degrees so that the travellers don't face inconvenience without blankets!
Jul 30, 2017
A Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) audit report on the catering services to be tabled in Parliament on Friday, has observed that Indian Railways are serving food that is 'unfit' for humans.
Jul 21, 2017
More & more Indians are preferring plane over train: Only nostalgia won't help railways survive the challenge
- Govt to decriminalise Income Tax Act, PMLA in a move to achieve '$5 trillion economy'
- Does Saif Ali Khan regret his divorce with Amrita Singh? 'I will never really be okay with that', he says
- What is Digi Yatra? Enrollment, security, benefits of biometric boarding at Bengaluru Airport
- KGF 2 teaser: Is this when the promo from Yash-Sanjay Dutt-starrer will be out online?
- Galactorrhea affects 24% women, not linked to breast cancer