Cristiano Ronaldo won FIFA’s player of the year award for 2016 on 9 January, beating rival Lionel Messi to the title. 31-year-old Ronaldo won the Champions League with Real Madrid, and then Euro 2016 with Portugal. Italian Claudio Ranieri won the coach of the year award for leading underdogs Leicester City to the English Premier League title.
Jan 10, 2017
Lionel Messi's statue in Argentina vandalised on the same day Ronaldo wins best player award (Photos)
Cristiano Ronaldo is The Best, as Real Madrid superstar beats Lionel Messi to FIFA award; full list of winners
One Direction tops Forbes 2016 list of highest-paid European celebrities; Cristiano Ronaldo, Roger Federer follow
Football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has been declared player of the year at the Globe Soccer Awards in Dubai on 27 December. The Portuguese national has had a phenomenal year, winning Euro 2016 with Portugal, the Champions League and Club World Cup with Real Madrid, as well as the being awarded the Ballon dOr. In his message via video link, Ronaldo told the audience that it had been his best year ever, but that he wanted to do it all again next year.
Dec 28, 2016
2 days ago
- A future stolen: Over 300 million children not in school, says Unicef report
- Scientists identify over 500 new genes linked to blood pressure
- Mitsubishi India likely to launch new generation Pajero Sport SUV in 2019
- Porn star Stormy Daniels gives explicit details about Donald Trump's private parts in new memoir
- Model accuses Bigg Boss 12 contestant Anup Jalota of sexual exploitation; 'he asked me to have sex' alleges another actress