New Delhi, Dec 17 (ANI): International Boxing Federation AIBA has imposed one year ban on Boxer Sarita Devi as she refused to accept her bronze medal in the Asian Games which took place in Incheon this year. President of Boxing India Sandeep Jajodia said that it was a big relief for Sarita as well as Boxing India. Vice President of the Indian Olympics Association, Tarlochan Singh said that Sarita will not be at much loss as there is no championship in this one year. Former Athlete Sunita Godara said that the government should allow Sarita to continue practicing her sport. India's foreign coach BI Fernandez has been banned for two years while national coach GS Sandhu has been cleared. Sarita will be eligible to return to action by November 2015, in time for the women's Olympic qualifiers for the Rio Games in 2016.
Dec 17, 2014
Manchester United Transfer News: Red Devils Bracing Themselves as Real Madrid Look to Break Transfer Record to Land De Gea
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: India to become Men in Orange in India-England clash?
- Copa America 2019, Argentina vs Paraguay: Preview, TV listings and how to watch in India
- SHOCKING: Mumbai Indians pacer banned by BCCI for age fudging
- Should MS Dhoni retire after World Cup? Australian great makes bold prediction
- [Watch] Sarfaraz Ahmed called fat, shouted at and insulted by fans after defeat to India in World Cup