Kolkata, Oct 13 (ANI): In the very inaugural match of the Indian Super League, Atletico de Kolkata beat Mumbai City FC by 3-0. Cheering all the teams, Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee said that she is privileged to get an opportunity to witness and organise the thrilling football game in her state. Modelled on cricket's popular Indian Premier League, the Indian Super League, with its franchise-based model, slick promotion and branding, and the presence of stars from cricket and the country's film industry, is aiming to change all that. In its inaugural season, the ISL features eight city-based franchises taking part in the October 12 - December 20 tournament.
Oct 13, 2014
Arsenal Transfer News: Wenger to Sanction Ozil Sale to Bayern Munich and Buy Draxler as Replacement?
Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Can Sign Vidal if Dutchman is Willing to Sell Mata to Juventus
Sultan of Johor Cup Results: India Get Title Defence off to a Sound Start with Victory over New Zealand
ISL Results: Borja Cracker Studs Atletico de Kolkata's Emphatic Victory over Mumbai City FC in Indian Super League Opener
Indian Super League Opening Ceremony Live Streaming Information: Watch Live as ISL Kicks Off with Spectacular Performances
- Aadhaar verdict LIVE: Judges rule that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid but with a few changes
- Infamous Bellandur lake in Bengaluru spews 10-foot high toxic foam
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'
- PM Modi claims Sikkim's Pakyong airport is the 100th in India but is it so?
- Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma and I don't lead fairytale lives unlike what people think
- Best Fifa Football Awards 2018: Whom did Ronaldo, Messi and other captains vote for
- Asia Cup 2018: MS Dhoni happy with tie, says India have enjoyed Afghanistan's brand of cricket
- Badminton ace Saina Nehwal to marry fellow shuttler Parupalli Kashyap in December: Report
- ISL 2018-19: Kerala Blasters team preview – Yellow Army seeks redemption banking on youngsters