New Delhi, Dec 8 (ANI): Switzerland's Tennis player Roger Federer said on that it was exciting and a cool moment of his career to play in India for the very first time. Federer played in India for the first time when he turned up for Indian Aces against Singapore Slammers in the third leg of International Premier Tennis League (IPTL). Federer added that International Premier Tennis League is an interesting concept to promote tennis in a country like India. Federer further stated that IPTL is a good concept to take tennis to the new market and new countries to increase fan base. The tournament kicked off in Manila, Philippines on November 28 before moving on to Singapore. After the three-day event in Delhi, the league concludes in Dubai on December 11.
Dec 8, 2014
Australia vs India Test Series Squads: Full Team List of Both Sides as Players Look to Overcome Grief Following Hughes Death
Australia vs India Test Series Schedule: Fixtures, Venues, Timings and Dates as Bat and Ball Battle Resumes
IPTL News: Federer Leads Indian Aces to Easy Win Over Singapore Slammers, Labels Playing in India as 'Pleasure and Privilege'
IPTL News: Roger Federer, the Otherworldly Tennis Being, Graces India with Ridiculous Class and Style
Gurgaon, Dec 07 (ANI): Supporting her teammate, Sarita Devi, for a disputed decision in 17th Asiad, Indian boxing star MC Mary Kom said on Sunday that referees should pronounce fair judgment in sports. The boxer was chief guest at the sports event of a school in the business city of Gurgaon where the students performed drills, march past and participated in the final rounds of different games. The boxer said that referees should be impartial and fair. Kom added that there should be a discipline and game spirit in sports. She also said that parents should motivate their children for sports.
Dec 7, 2014
Jalandhar, Dec 07 (ANI): Former Indian cricketer Robin Singh unveiled the World Cup Trophy won by India in 2011, as fans turned up in large numbers to catch its glimpse in Jalandhar city Punjab. The trophy tour arrived at its fifth stop from Bengaluru, where it was displayed at a city mall. Singh, who unveiled the trophy, was optimistic that the team would win the 2015 World Cup. The trophy is travelling between December 2nd and 7th around the cities of Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Jalandhar and Ahmedabad.
Dec 7, 2014
1 hour ago
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for sexual assault; a #MeToo victory
- Aadhaar verdict LIVE: Judges rule that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid but with a few changes
- Infamous Bellandur lake in Bengaluru spews 10-foot high toxic foam
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'
- Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma and I don't lead fairytale lives unlike what people think
- Best Fifa Football Awards 2018: Whom did Ronaldo, Messi and other captains vote for
- Asia Cup 2018: MS Dhoni happy with tie, says India have enjoyed Afghanistan's brand of cricket
- Badminton ace Saina Nehwal to marry fellow shuttler Parupalli Kashyap in December: Report
- ISL 2018-19: Kerala Blasters team preview – Yellow Army seeks redemption banking on youngsters