Uri aftermath: Salman Khan says Pakistani artistes are not terrorists, have visas and legal permission to enter India
Evening wrap: Indian soldier rescue efforts, Coolpad Note 5 launch, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story review and more
Shimon Peres funeral: Barack Obama, Prince Charles, Angela Merkel and others pay respect to late Israeli leader
On 29 September India evacuated thousands of people within six miles of the de facto border with Pakistan as a precautionary measure after surgical strikes. The strikes were the first direct military response to an attack on an army base, and raised the possibility of military escalation between the neighbours that could wreck the 2003 Kashmir ceasefire. Kashmir has been divided between India and Pakistan since 1947. India said on 28 September it would boycott a regional summit hosted by Pakistan in November.
Sep 30, 2016
- Two dead as under-construction building collapses in Karnataka's Dharwad
- Researcher claims he found UFO on moon's Waterman crater, seeks Elon Musk's attention
- Crashed UFO spotted on NASA image could be proof of alien life, claims researcher
- BJP announces seat-sharing for Lok Sabha elections in Bihar; will join hands with JD(U) and LJP
- Mutiny in House of Saud? King Salman clipping wings of Crown Prince MBS?