In recent years, the majority of pollsters have incorrectly predicted the results from a number of major votes, including the 2015 general election in the UK, the EU referendum and the US election in 2016. With the UK set to head to the voting booths on 8 June for another general election, IBTimes UK spoke with pollster Matt Singh about why the polls got it so wrong last time, and how to read them more accurately. Singh founded Number Cruncher Politics, one of the only pollsters to correctly predict a Conservative Party majority in 2015.
Apr 25, 2017
H-1B visa issue: After Jaitley's visit, US says it 'greatly' values investments by Indian IT companies
French President Francois Hollande on 24 April, called on voters to back centrist Emmanuel Macron in the second round of the presidential election. Hollande gave a warning of dangerous consequences if far-right candidate Marine Le Pen were to win, and said he would vote for his former economy minister as he believes Macron was best placed to unite France.
Apr 24, 2017
Third Kerala minister may resign! MM Mani says will quit over sexist remarks on women plantation workers if party asks
Chhattisgarh: Everything you need to know about 25 CRPF jawans being killed by Naxals in Sukma district
French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron had plenty of support as he celebrated topping the polls in the first round of elections on 23 April. However one Macron supporter just didn’t want the celebrations to end. A person was spotted dancing solo and waving a Macron poster in the almost empty En Marche! party headquarters. Several journalists attending the event spotted the lone dancer, tweeting videos and photos of the moment.
Apr 24, 2017
- Kid astrologer who predicted coronavirus outbreak warns world, says chaos begins from today
- India's coronavirus lockdown 'reasonably successful': Veteran General's analysis
- Coronavirus prediction: Indian boy predicted Covid-19 outbreak, claims China will face nuclear war
- Bihar mob lynching: Man beaten to death for informing health officials about coronavirus suspects
- US wary of using Chinese KN95 masks instead of N95; trust issues trump shortage