Chennai Silks showroom gutted in 8-hour-long fire; material worth lakhs of rupees destroyed [VIDEO + PHOTOS]
White House communications director Mike Dubke will leave his position but no date has been set for his departure, it was reported Tuesday. The veteran Republican strategist reportedly handed in his resignation over a week ago on 18 May, just before President Donald Trumps first official trip abroad. However, he offered to stay on through it, which Trump accepted, Axios reported.
May 31, 2017
Pentagon on Tuesday (30 May) said it successfully staged its first-ever missile defence test, intercepting and destroying an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). The $244m test comes amid the increasing threats from North Korea. A ground-based interceptor, launched from a California airbase, shot down a mock ICBM warhead over the Pacific Ocean, said the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The mock threat was launched from the Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site in the Marshall Islands. The Ground-based Midcourse Defense program (GMD) has so far cost about $40bn in the past 15 years and often been criticised for its expensive nature. Interestingly, of the nine intercept attempts, only four have been successful in the past since the GMD was declared combat-ready in 2004.
May 31, 2017
Blast at Kabul diplomatic quarter: As long as Pak plays double standard, peace in Afghanistan will only be a mirage
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Kumaraswamy govt in Karnataka faces no threat from BJP, assures HD Deve Gowda
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'
- Nurse held for sexually assaulting 3 patients in Guwahati cancer hospital