Science & Health
End of the Great Barrier Reef? Second mass bleaching means Earth's greatest natural wonder may never recover
A greater one-horned rhinoceros charged a truck and elephants after being released into Nepal’s Shuklaphanta National Park.Video from WWF Nepal shows the Indian rhino attacking a specially built truck used to transport him from Chitwan National Park to its new home in the far west of Nepal. The Nepali government and WWF Nepal plan to relocate five rhinos to the Shuklaphanta reserve to boost its existing population of 10 rhinos. WWF Nepal said in a statement that 250 people and 30 elephants were involved in the relocation.
Apr 6, 2017
A woman gave birth to a baby girl on 4 April as she was rescued from the flooded region of Piura, in northern Peru. Maria Pingo was rescued by troops and gave birth during the flight as she was being taken to the Lambayeque Regional Hospital in Chiclayo. Continuing floods and mudslides have killed more than 100 people and left tens of thousands homeless since the start of the year.
Apr 6, 2017
Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'8 hours ago
- Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma and I don't lead fairytale lives unlike what people think
- PM Modi claims Sikkim's Pakyong airport is the 100th in India but is it so?
- North India rains: Himachal Pradesh receives 665% more downpour than usual
- Supreme Court verdict: Parliament to decide if netas facing criminal trials can contest elections
- What is the connection between full moon nights and increased crime rates?
- Not alone but planning to take 8 artists with me to moon, says Japanese billionaire
- Where did Mars' two moons come from? Astronomers might finally have the answer
- Astronomers find Spock's home planet Vulcan?
- Women with PCOS are up to seven times more prone to heart attacks