Science & Health
A greater one-horned rhinoceros charged a truck and elephants after being released into Nepal’s Shuklaphanta National Park.Video from WWF Nepal shows the Indian rhino attacking a specially built truck used to transport him from Chitwan National Park to its new home in the far west of Nepal. The Nepali government and WWF Nepal plan to relocate five rhinos to the Shuklaphanta reserve to boost its existing population of 10 rhinos. WWF Nepal said in a statement that 250 people and 30 elephants were involved in the relocation.
Apr 6, 2017
A woman gave birth to a baby girl on 4 April as she was rescued from the flooded region of Piura, in northern Peru. Maria Pingo was rescued by troops and gave birth during the flight as she was being taken to the Lambayeque Regional Hospital in Chiclayo. Continuing floods and mudslides have killed more than 100 people and left tens of thousands homeless since the start of the year.
Apr 6, 2017
Scientists gathered on 4 April to help usher in the final chapter of the NASA spacecraft Cassini, as it completes it’s 12-year mission. Cassini will begin its grand finale on April 26, going into a dive around Saturn’s rings gathering data, before crashing into the planet on 15 September.
Apr 5, 2017
Rescue workers in the devastated Colombian town of Mocoa are working tirelessly after a landslide in the early hours of 1 April left at least 262 dead. The death toll may rise further as rescuers searched with dogs and machinery in the mud-choked rubble.
Apr 4, 2017
- India, Australia attempt to rescue Navy commander stranded in ocean storm
- End of American dream for Indian spouses? Trump admin likely to revoke H-4 visas within 3 months
- Pakistan 'deeply disappointed' after India calls off foreign ministers' meet in New York
- Twitter bug may have compromised messages of 3 million users
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Using solid fuels like wood and coal to cook increases danger of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Study
- Avoiding junk food may be as difficult as quitting drugs, study says
- Octopus and Humans react the same on MDMA, display enhanced social behavior
- 12 children die in Delhi hospital in 2 weeks due to Diphtheria infection