Science & Health
Will NASA's IXPE mission uncover the secrets of Sagittarius A*, the demon at the centre of our galaxy?
The long-term circulation of heat in the Atlantic Ocean is at risk if the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere were to double, a new study finds. The new modelling study predicts that centuries of doubled atmospheric CO2 could cause the collapse of a major Atlantic current, producing dramatically different effects than previous models have anticipated.
Jan 5, 2017
Changes in the way ocean temperatures were measured in the late 20th Century made it look as though the oceans were getting cooler, but now independent data have confirmed that this hiatus in global warming never actually happened.
Jan 5, 2017
Bangladesh earthquake: 5.5 magnitude quake hits India-Bangladesh border; tremors felt in Assam and Tripura
Saifuddin Soz's comment on Kashmir's independence draws flak from BJP, Congress says not party's viewpoint29 minutes ago
- Woman notices a lump moving around her face and you cannot imagine what it was
- Mars storm update - NASA upgrades it to 'Planet Encircling'; Spells doom for Opportunity rover
- Addiction explained: Here's why the brain chooses alcohol over healthier alternatives
- Yoga and meditation may lead to an inflated ego, study says
- Rare celestial trio spotted: Photographer captures green fireball, moon and Venus in same frame