Science & Health
Woman's sincere and heartbreaking description of how 'depression isn't beautiful' goes viral on Facebook
A scientist from the University of Tasmania has captured rare footage of dragon-skin ice on an expedition to the Antarctic. Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) researcher Guy Williams drone video shows the rippled edges of the sea ice, which were formed by hurricane force winds. Williams witnessed the icy phenomenon on an expedition to the Ross Sea in western Antarctica.
May 11, 2017
Greig Trout is the founder of 101 Things to do When you Survive, an anti-bucket list list that saw him travel the world. Trout isnt someone you would meet now and realise that he has once suffered severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Trout is a double cancer survivor, first diagnosed at just aged seven with a stage 4 Wilms tumour, and again at aged 30 but this time with stage 2 bowel cancer. Although he fully recovered from both cancers the psychological effects and fear of the cancer returning were what really took their toll. He spoke to IBTimes UK on Mental Health Awarness Week about his experience.
May 9, 2017
- Bitcoin scam: ED attaches Rs 42.88 crore worth properties owned by Amit Bhardwaj
- Amid Rafale spat, Dassault Aviation confirms Anil Ambani was its first choice
- India, Australia attempt to rescue Navy commander stranded in ocean storm
- End of American dream for Indian spouses? Trump admin likely to revoke H-4 visas within 3 months
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Planet twice the size of Earth orbiting nearby star 40 Eridani, the home to Spock from Star Trek
- Is global warming making tropical storms such as Florence more devastating?
- NASA shares 'First Light' images taken by TESS, scouting southern sky for exoplanets
- What is Nuclear Pasta? Strongest material in the universe could be found in dead stars