A scientist from the University of Tasmania has captured rare footage of dragon-skin ice on an expedition to the Antarctic. Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) researcher Guy Williams drone video shows the rippled edges of the sea ice, which were formed by hurricane force winds. Williams witnessed the icy phenomenon on an expedition to the Ross Sea in western Antarctica.
May 11, 2017
Science & Health
Greig Trout is the founder of 101 Things to do When you Survive, an anti-bucket list list that saw him travel the world. Trout isnt someone you would meet now and realise that he has once suffered severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Trout is a double cancer survivor, first diagnosed at just aged seven with a stage 4 Wilms tumour, and again at aged 30 but this time with stage 2 bowel cancer. Although he fully recovered from both cancers the psychological effects and fear of the cancer returning were what really took their toll. He spoke to IBTimes UK on Mental Health Awarness Week about his experience.
May 9, 2017
South Asian telecommunication satellite GSAT-9 launched from Sriharikota; PM Modi calls it historic moment
A study has found that waste and contamination in the oceans is piling pressure on dolphins immune systems. The pollution is putting their immune system on constant alert, which makes it less able to fight off bacteria, fungus, viruses and parasites in the water, according to a study in the journal PLOS ONE.
May 3, 2017
Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'8 hours ago
- Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma and I don't lead fairytale lives unlike what people think
- PM Modi claims Sikkim's Pakyong airport is the 100th in India but is it so?
- North India rains: Himachal Pradesh receives 665% more downpour than usual
- Supreme Court verdict: Parliament to decide if netas facing criminal trials can contest elections
- What is the connection between full moon nights and increased crime rates?
- Where did Mars' two moons come from? Astronomers might finally have the answer
- Women with PCOS are up to seven times more prone to heart attacks
- Not alone but planning to take 8 artists with me to moon, says Japanese billionaire
- Saturn's Moon Titan too has giant dust storms, finds NASA after vetting Cassini data