Science & Health
Axios news outlet, which first reported that Donald Trump would withdraw the US out of the Paris climate agreement, said details of the pullout are being worked out by a team including EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. The choice is between a formal withdrawal that could take three years or leaving the U.N. treaty that the accord is based on, which would be quicker but more extreme.
May 31, 2017
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta launched the standard gauge railways (SGR) first cargo train following its transferal from China. The train transported goods loaded from Mombasa port.The construction of the SGR was initiated in Dec 2014 by CRBC. It has a length of 480km and is the first overseas SGR entirely meeting Chinese standards. The final completion of the SGR is believed to be a win-win achievement for China-Africa cooperation under the framework of Belt and Road Initiative.
May 31, 2017
World No Tobacco Day 2017: Beating tobacco for health, prosperity, environment and national development
A bizarre faceless fish has been found during a voyage to one of the deepest parts of the ocean ever visited. Pulled up for the Australias eastern abyss, the strange creature is only the second specimen of the species ever to be found, the first found in 1873 in the waters off Papua New Guinea.
May 31, 2017
Eleven people were reportedly killed and many more injured when a severe storm hammered the Moscow metropolitan area on Monday, May 29, uprooting trees and stripping roofs. Thousands were left without electricity as fallen trees cut power lines.A resident in Lobnya, north of Moscow, filmed debris flying through the air from his balcony as the storm passed over.
May 30, 2017
- Bitcoin scam: ED attaches Rs 42.88 crore worth properties owned by Amit Bhardwaj
- Amid Rafale spat, Dassault Aviation confirms Anil Ambani was its first choice
- India, Australia attempt to rescue Navy commander stranded in ocean storm
- End of American dream for Indian spouses? Trump admin likely to revoke H-4 visas within 3 months
- New blood test can detect autism risk for pregnant mothers
- In a first, US researchers discover new genetic disorder in human patient
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Not alone but planning to take 8 artists with me to moon, says Japanese billionaire
- Is global warming making tropical storms such as Florence more devastating?