Injury to a blood vessel, also known as 'dissection' in medical terms, may lead to blood supply getting blocked or reduced, causing a devastating paralytic attack or brain attack.
Sep 19, 2017
Science & Health
Predatory crown-of-thorns starfish, which munch coral, are naturally-occurring but have proliferated due to pollution and agricultural run-off at the struggling World Heritage-listed ecosystem. Now Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) research has shown they avoid areas where the Pacific triton sea snail - also known as the giant triton - is present.
Sep 18, 2017
Cassini's last images of Saturn and its surroundings offer spectacular views of the ringed planet and its moons.
Sep 16, 2017
Cassini's last images: Spacecraft captures impact site before making final dive into Saturn's atmosphere
New research shows sperm concentration had fallen by 52% in Western countries between 1973 and 2011. In the 1970s, the average Western man had a sperm concentration of 99 million/milliliter. That number changed by 2011 when the sperm count had fallen to 47.1 million/milliliter. Sperm concentrations under 40 million per milliliter are considered below normal and can impair fertility.
Sep 14, 2017
These are the 5 costliest natural disasters ever happened to the U.S.
Sep 14, 2017
There are more women in the US with tattoos than men. But only one in six tattoo artists is a woman. These women, however, made their mark in the male-dominated industry, and will be featured in a new show, Ink Master: Angels. The show will premiere on 3 October.
Sep 14, 2017
NASAs Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) has recorded the Sun emitting one of the strongest solar flare in a decade on 6 September. The NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center issued a geomagnetic storm warning for September 13 and 14. The storm can impact satellites, navigation and communications systems but will also mean that the aurora borealis (northern lights) will be more vivid for skywatchers.
Sep 13, 2017
- Amid Rafale spat, Dassault Aviation confirms Anil Ambani was its first choice
- India, Australia attempt to rescue Navy commander stranded in ocean storm
- End of American dream for Indian spouses? Trump admin likely to revoke H-4 visas within 3 months
- Pakistan 'deeply disappointed' after India calls off foreign ministers' meet in New York
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Using solid fuels like wood and coal to cook increases danger of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Study
- Avoiding junk food may be as difficult as quitting drugs, study says
- Octopus and Humans react the same on MDMA, display enhanced social behavior
- 12 children die in Delhi hospital in 2 weeks due to Diphtheria infection