US Vice president-elect Mike Pence got booed after he attended a performance of Hamilton in New York. After the show, cast member Brandon Victor Dixon pointed out Pence in the audience.While he asked the audience not to boo, he told Pence: “We sir, we are the diverse America, who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir”
Nov 19, 2016
Thousands of people marched through Kuala Lumpur in anti-government protests. They demanded Prime Minister Najib Razak’s resignation over his alleged involvement in a multi-billion dollar misappropriation scandal.Wearing yellow T-shirts they called for a corruption-free Malaysia. Najib’s supporters in red staged their own protest to fight against the allegations. Police said the protests by both groups were illegal.
Nov 19, 2016
UK Prime Minister Theresa May met with German Chancellor Angela Merkel to discuss freedom of movement between EU countries as well as partnerships with Africa and the worldwide economy. Speaking at a press conference both Merkel and May pointed out that the leaders were not meeting to discuss Brexit in detail because the decision of Britain to leave the European Union was accepted by Germany.
Nov 18, 2016
Demonetisation debate: Rajya Sabha Opposition leader Ghulam Nabi Azad refuses to apologise for Uri remark
- IT dept seizes Rs 33 crore from self-styled godman Kalki Bhagwan's ashram in Andhra Pradesh
- Desperate times for INS multi-role chopper as China displays Z-20 helicopters
- Ayodhya case: CJI Ranjan Gogoi cancels foreign trip to ensure timely verdict
- Ayodhya verdict LIVE: Arguments conclude; SC bench reserves verdict
- Andhra journalist, who was attacked last month, stabbed to death