In a speech during the campaign trail for the upcoming German elections, Chancellor Angela Merkel announced that she believes Europe should look after itself and not rely on others, for example the US or UK. I can only say that we Europeans must really take our fate into our own hands, Merkel said one day after the end of the G7 summit in Sicily.
May 28, 2017
Acknowledging Kashmir issue a challenge for Modi govt, Rajnath says Centre will come up with 'permanent solution'
Sri Lanka floods: Thankfully, Indian media did not go on a PR overdrive as it had during Nepal quake
Around 1,100 hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners ended their 40-day fast. They reached a compromise with Israel on additional family visits. Israel agreed to allow the inmates a second family visit each per month. 18 prisoners are being treated in hospital because of the hunger strike.Palestinians rallied behind the hunger strikers as national heroes. More than 6,000 Palestinians are currently in prison for offences linked to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
May 27, 2017
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has taken full responsibility for soldiers actions on Mindanao island. He declared martial law on the island currently engulfed in fighting between soldiers and Islamist militants. Duterte warned soldiers not to rape women and told them to shoot anyone resisting arrest. Human rights groups warn martial law could lead to abuse by security forces. Isis-affiliated extremists took control of parts of the city of Marawi earlier in the week. At least 80 people have been killed in the fighting so far and many civilians have been displaced.
May 27, 2017
21 hours ago
- Shocking: Deepika Padukone confesses being a part of drug chat WhatsApp group; denies consumption
- Anushka Sharma Vs Sunil Gavsakar: How Virat Kohli's poor performance triggered the debate on 'sexism'
- Shocking: Rakul Preet Singh confesses being part of 'drug chat' with Rhea Chakraborty; denies consuming it
- UP woman's cold drink spiked, gang-raped on moving bus in Meerut; 3rd case in a month
- What happens after death: Man who clinically died shares chilling afterlife experience
- Jaswant Singh passes away at 82; 'Saddened by demise', says PM Modi
- Delhi: Patient assaults doctor after being asked to wear a mask
- Delhi-bound IndiGo flight suffers bird hit, returns to Mumbai