IBTimes UK expert financial columnist Edmund Shing pinpoints the companies, and areas, that would prove the most fruitful when it comes to investment following Donald Trumps shock win the US election.
Nov 9, 2016
Global financial markets tumbled in the wake of Donald Trump winning the US presidential election as fears of protectionist trade policies increased. The Asian markets were one of the firsts to react all dropping points, and the FTSE 100 Index opened 102.8 points down knocking more than £25bn off the value of blue chip shares. The Republican candidate beat the polls by winning key swing states like Florida, Ohio and North Carolina.
Nov 9, 2016
Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank Of England, announced that it expects inflation to hit 2.75% by the end of 2018, as well as food, energy and clothes prices rising even faster with wages not keeping up. For now interest rates remain the same but post-Brexit growth will be faster this year than the Bank previously predicted.
Nov 3, 2016
- What's Anil Ambani's net worth? Quicksilver erosion of $43 bln over a forgettable decade
- Saudi Aramco in talks with Reliance to ramp up oil sector investments
- Major boost to govt exchequer as RBI approves Rs 28,000 crore interim dividend
- Rupee weakened against dollar in choppy weekly trade
- Pulwama terror attack: Traders cautious as geopolitical pressures rise amid political rhetoric