The NSE Nifty 50 index rose 1.2% at 9,148.8 by 0347 GMT, while the S&P BSE Sensex gained 1.04% to 30,994.03.
May 26, 2020
Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das holds a press conference on monetary measures for Covid-19 relief. Scroll down to read other major announcements.
May 22, 2020
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das cuts repo rate to 4%, reverse repo rate to 3.35%: Key points from press meet
The bill that was introduced by Republican Senator John Kennedy, and a Democrat Chris Van Hollen from Maryland was overwhelmingly passed in the upper chamber of the United States Congress.
May 21, 2020
Cashing on the Covid-19 times dampening global economic prospects for this year and next, many radical voices are saying that India is on the way to become the next big manufacturing factory in Asia to replace China soon. This reflects nothing except national hubris and foul cry.
May 20, 2020
Capital expenditure of Japan fell 0.5% in the first quarter after plummeting 4.8% in October-December last year, the GDP data showed.
May 18, 2020
The fifth tranche of measures are a part of Rs 20 lakh crore Covid stimulus package, announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi earlier.
May 17, 2020
Nirmala Sitharaman's 5th tranche of measures: Rs 20 lakh cr deconstructed, borrowing limit increased from 3% to 5% for states
The finance minister claimed that the move to open more air space for civilian flights will bring Rs 1,000 crore per year benefits for the aviation sector, facing unprecedented crisis amid lockdown to contain coronavirus pandemic.
May 16, 2020
EMI relaxations and moratoriums issued by the Centre to lessen the financial burden on individuals and enterprises worst hit by the coronavirus lockdown has had no negative impact on the fiscal condition of banks, says Rajnish Kumar, Chairman, State Bank of India (SBI).
May 16, 2020
TDS is a tax that is paid by the receiver like salary, interest, professional fees, commission, rent, etc. that is charged between 10 percent and 20 percent.
May 13, 2020
In order to increase take-home salary for employees and to provide financial relief to employers, the Central Government has lowered the EPF contribution rate to 10% from 12% for the next three months.
May 13, 2020
2 hours ago
- 'Kozhikode airport safety as per ICAO guidelines': Hardeep Puri fact-checks Congress claims
- Indonesia's volcano eruption sends warning of possible lava flow
- Irrfan Khan to Sushant Singh Rajput: 2020, the year of most shocking deaths
- Sushant Singh Rajput - Disha Salian: What's the theory that says the two deaths are linked
- Mukesh Ambani is now world's fourth richest; net worth stands at $80.6 billion
- How US govt's 7% per-country cap on green card punishes Indian immigrants
- Digital Vision under DGCI scanner: Renaming Coldbest to Cofset AT cough syrup didn't help manufacturer
- India's equity mutual funds show first outflows in more than four years
- How this 17-Year-Old's startup changed the financial future of over 200 Bangladeshis during quarantine