Researchers at the Grupo Avance laboratory in Chile have developed a substance which may be capable of repelling the Aedes aegypti mosquito and interrupting its reproductive cycle, helping to reduce the transmission of the Zika virus and dengue fever. According to reports, biochemist Mario Reyes created a compound which he says could be added to detergent in a normal clothes wash at home, and this way would protect individuals from being bitten by the mosquito.
Mar 3, 2016
Researchers say they can harness a patients immune system to kill malignant tumours.
Mar 4, 2016
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- SpiceJet to give hiring preference to employees of Jet Airways: Chairman
- Mukesh Ambani to foray into aviation sector? May buy stake in Jet, bailout Maharaja
- Good Friday break for equities, forex, commodities, and bond markets
- Pawan Hans follows Air India into divestment turbulence as election intervenes