The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has turned its attention to the Zika virus outbreak, and its founders said the response to the crisis, which appears to be linked to devastating birth defects in South America, has been better than for the 2014 Ebola outbreak in Africa.
Feb 23, 2016
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recommended that blood no longer be collected from regions where the Zika virus is circulating, and that blood needed for transfusions be obtained from areas of the United States without active transmission. The agency said blood banks can continue collecting and preparing platelets and plasma if an FDA-approved pathogen-reduction technology is used. Current pathogen-reduction technology is not approved to treat whole red blood.
Feb 17, 2016
- Mukesh Ambani to foray into aviation sector? May buy stake in Jet, bailout Maharaja
- Reliance Retail bid for UK-based Chinese toy chain Hamleys to help global foray
- Anil Ambani's RCom in limbo as deal with Mukesh's Jio snaps; court cases drag on
- SpiceJet to give hiring preference to employees of Jet Airways: Chairman
- Is Air India skidding down the same road that Jet and Kingfisher took?