Union Budget Highlights: Marginal Tax Relief, More IITs, IIMs, 49% FDI in Defence, Focus on Women and Youth
Union Budget Live Blog: Tax Exemption Up by ₹50,000, Cigarettes, Colas Costlier; Jaitley Says Budget Meant to Revive Economy
New Delhi, July 09 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 137.30 points down to stand at 25,444.81. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 38.20 points down to stand at 7,585.00. Indian Oil Corporation and Adani Ports were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 3.35% and 2.67% along with HPCL and TITAN with an increase of 2.38% and 2.18% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Bharat Electronics Ltd. and Apollo Tyres with a decrease of 7.81% and 7.67% along with Aurobindo Pharma and Ashok Leyland with a decrease of 6.93% and 6.11% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 385.13 points at 15,452.99 while the banking sector is down 86.16 points at 17,108.97 and the realty sector is down 31.04 points at 1,914.69. The Indian currency is 0.08% down at Rs 59.73 per dollar.
Jul 9, 2014
- Will UP Cabinet nod for Zurich deter GMR from pushing for Jewar airport stake?
- Who will blink first? India-US in staring match over taxing Internet downloads
- Will DHFL depositors have respite as administrator seeks all creditors' claims?
- Vodafone Idea to shut if it doesn't get relief, says company chairman
- Auto component industry's turnover falls over 10% in H1