Latest data from the Madhya Pradesh State AIDS Control Society shows that the number of people contracting HIV in the 50 plus age group has nearly doubled in the past six years- from 218 in 2008 to 414 in 2014.Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 15 (ANI): A new study has revealed that added sugars likely to have greater role than salt in high blood pressure and heart disease. The study pointed out that most salt in the diet comes from processed foods, which also happen to be a rich source of added sugars and sugar may be much more meaningfully related to blood pressure than sodium. People whose dietary intake of added sugars adds up to at least a quarter of their total daily calories have almost triple the cardiovascular disease risk. A high fructose diet has also been linked to an unfavorable blood fat profile, higher fasting blood insulin levels, and a doubling in the risk of metabolic syndrome.Dec 15, 2014
Chana dal - 1 cup
Salt to taste
A litttle Water (If required)
Oil for frying
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 3 chopped
Green chilli - 2 thinly sliced
Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick, Cloves,
Bay leaf & Cardamom
Garlic - 6 to 7 cloves chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
A few Chopped Coriander leaves
A few Curry leaves
1. Soak the Channa dal for 3 hours & drain the water.
2. In a mixer jar add soaked channa dal, salt, a little water & grind into a coarse mixture.
3. Flatten coarse mixture & deep fry it & keep aside.
4. Next step is making the curry, In a deep pan add oil, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, fennel seeds, onion, green chilli, garlic, curry leaves & saute it for a few minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt & mix it.
6. Now its time to add fried vada by breaking it. Pour enough water & cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes in a medium flame.
7. Boil until the vadas gets soft and gets absorbed well in the gravy. Stir in such a way to mash it if needed to get a thick curry. Garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
8. If you like a gravy consistency don't reduce it too much you can turn off the stove in that point. The healthier option is steamed the vada instDec 11, 2014
Doctors treating Heena Mustaqeem Khan, at the Saifee Hospital in Charni Road, said on Wednesday that her left cornea is completely damaged and needs an operation to prevent the spreading of the infection.Dec 11, 2014