Articles by Asmita Sarkar
Asmita Sarkar covers news and current affairs from India and world for IBTimes India. She is interested in politics, women's rights, fiction, photography, and travel. She has worked for citizen journalism portal Youth Ki Awaaz and has interned with the Times of India, Al Jazeera, Roli Books, Platform Magazine, and Campus Diaries before venturing into digital journalism. She was a Nokia Create to Inspire fellow. She has a Masters in Literature from the Hindu College, Delhi University and a PG Diploma in journalism from Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
Bombay High Court judge grants bail to 3 for Muslim man's murder, says they were provoked in the name of religion
Jayalalithaa's lookalike Deepa Jayakumar will announce her entry into politics on late TN CM's birth anniversary
Manipur Assembly elections 2017: PRJA's convenor Erendro Leichombam wants to make the state self-sufficient
Now, a jawan sings out his troubles: New video of soldier's difficulties surfaces despite Gen. Rawat's warning
Serial sexual predator in east Delhi assaulted 500 children in 12 years; sent to 14-day judicial custody
Bankura district coal-mine collapse: Mafia trying to hush up workers' deaths, allege locals, activist
'Current leaders have resorted to cheap and dirty politics,' says Robert Vadra about Haryana minister's Gandhi comment
NIT Hamirpur students missing: Body of student found near Shikari Devi temple after 40-member team, army chopper conducted search
- Counterfeits of Louis Vuitton, Samsung, Swarovski products on Alibaba to get served, LEGALLY!
- Bairavaa (Bhairava) 5-day worldwide box office collection: Ilayathalapathy Vijay's film reaches Rs 50 crore mark
- Mysterious pillars of light spotted in Canada's night sky [VIDEO]
- Gold, silver prices rise sharply over domestic buying, global uncertainty
- Egypt vs Mali Afcon 2017 live streaming: Watch Africa Cup of Nations 2017 live on TV, Online