Asmita Sarkar covers news and current affairs from India and world for IBTimes India. She is interested in politics, women's rights, fiction, photography, and travel. She has worked for citizen journalism portal Youth Ki Awaaz and has interned with the Times of India, Al Jazeera, Roli Books, Platform Magazine, and Campus Diaries before venturing into digital journalism. She was a Nokia Create to Inspire fellow. She has a Masters in Literature from the Hindu College, Delhi University and a PG Diploma in journalism from Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
Twitter erupts with jokes on Mallya arrest: 'Mallya was out on bail before Indians found out about it'
- Centre wants more rate cuts to revive economy and spur investments
- SBI launches bond series index at London Stock Exchange
- China says Kashmir a bilateral issue: Pakistan cornered once again after Terroristan jibe by India
- Sensex drops 447 points on rupee slipping to 4-month low
- Bigg Boss Telugu finale: Adarsh emerges as winner, beats Hari Teja, Siva Balaji, Navdeep, Archana