Asmita Sarkar covers news and current affairs from India and world for IBTimes India. She is interested in politics, women's rights, fiction, photography, and travel. She has worked for citizen journalism portal Youth Ki Awaaz and has interned with the Times of India, Al Jazeera, Roli Books, Platform Magazine, and Campus Diaries before venturing into digital journalism. She was a Nokia Create to Inspire fellow. She has a Masters in Literature from the Hindu College, Delhi University and a PG Diploma in journalism from Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
5 arrested for attack on Nigerians at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh; Sushma Swaraj seeks report from Yogi Adityanath
Jammu and Kashmir: One terrorist, 2 civilians killed in Budgam encounter; Over 60 security personnel injured
Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad's Air India fracas: 66% respondents on IBT Twitter poll want him arrested
Shouldn't Shiv Sena MP, Ravindra Gaikwad be behind bars for assault? Meanwhile IndiGo cancels his ticket!
After hitting AI staffer, Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying on Air India and FIA member airlines
- Apple iOS 10.3 with critical battery bug fix released; Here's why you should upgrade iPhones, iPads and iPods right now
- Mysterious object spotted hovering in skies over California! [VIDEO]
- Astronomers discover the largest giant brown dwarf star ever seen...and it's pure as hell!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's airport ensemble costs a whopping Rs 1.30 lakh [PHOTOS]
- Will Opposition find any consensus candidate to stop Yogi Adityanath in UP bypoll?