Asmita Sarkar covers news and current affairs from India and world for IBTimes India. She is interested in politics, women's rights, fiction, photography, and travel. She has worked for citizen journalism portal Youth Ki Awaaz and has interned with the Times of India, Al Jazeera, Roli Books, Platform Magazine, and Campus Diaries before venturing into digital journalism. She was a Nokia Create to Inspire fellow. She has a Masters in Literature from the Hindu College, Delhi University and a PG Diploma in journalism from Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
Twitter erupts with jokes on Mallya arrest: 'Mallya was out on bail before Indians found out about it'
- I-T detected Rs 19,000 crore black money in ICIJ, HSBC cases: Jaitley
- Thought only Infosys had crorepati executives? You haven't seen TCS' list yet
- Sushma Swaraj calls PoK integral part of India, grants medical visa to ailing student [VIDEO]
- Android 7.0 Nougat update coming to Galaxy J7 (2016), Galaxy A3 (2017), Tab A 8.0 soon
- Sonam Kapoor defines nepotism, gets trolled on Twitter