Asmita Sarkar covers news and current affairs from India and world for IBTimes India. She is interested in politics, women's rights, fiction, photography, and travel. She has worked for citizen journalism portal Youth Ki Awaaz and has interned with the Times of India, Al Jazeera, Roli Books, Platform Magazine, and Campus Diaries before venturing into digital journalism. She was a Nokia Create to Inspire fellow. She has a Masters in Literature from the Hindu College, Delhi University and a PG Diploma in journalism from Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
Twitter erupts with jokes on Mallya arrest: 'Mallya was out on bail before Indians found out about it'
- The Shell Eco-Marathon: Where students race against the fuel gauge, not the stopwatch
- 7th Pay Commission: Good news for Central government employees, allowance hike deadline set for June 1
- NIFT, Senco Gold boost budding designers, new styles
- Saharanpur: Dalits now know the 'political' has failed them; have decided to do it themselves
- This may affect Sachin: A Billion Dreams' collection at the box office