CCTV footage has been released showing the moment a woman was left paralysed after a car drove onto the pavement. The video, released by the Metropolitan Police, captures the incident which happened on the 29 May in Norwood, London.The woman who was paralysed was 30-year-old Chanelle Higgins. According to to the police appeal, Higgins was paralysed from the waist down and is confined to a wheelchair.The police said that on 16 June a 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. He was released on bail to return on a date in December pending further enquiries.
Nov 29, 2016
A footballer once on Manchester City’s books has said that the child sex abuse scandal in British soccer could widen to reveal “hundreds, if not thousands” of victims. Jason Dunford, a former youth team player with Manchester City, is one of four people to waive their right to anonymity and appear on a BBC television programme about the abuse. The players came forward in the wake of former Crew Alexandra player Andy Woodward revealing he was molested as a boy by convicted paedophile Barry Bennell. Dunford said Bennell had also tried to abuse him.
Nov 28, 2016
9 hours ago
- 'I will not shut up:' Nikki Haley lashes out at Palestinian negotiator, US adamant on moving embassy to Jerusalem
- Pakistan Army helicopter reportedly spotted near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir
- 2 men, accused of rape and murder, dragged out of police station, lynched in Arunachal Pradesh
- China's 'cash and carry' diplomacy in Balochistan: The good, bad and the uncertain
- Modi giving a cold shoulder to Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, but seems eager to meet Donald Trump Jr