Science & Health
ISS spots stunning lightning and mysterious UFOs! ESA officials claim the objects are not meteors [VIDEO]
For the first time, scientists have observed an accretion disk – also referred to as a dusty hamburger – around a young star. An accretion disk is formed by diffused material in orbital motion around a central body that is typically a star. Gravity then causes material in the disk to spiral inward towards the central body. Here, they explain how this disk feeds the central young star during the onset of an extra-solar system.
Apr 21, 2017
An unmanned Chinese cargo ship has successfully docked with the orbiting space lab Tiangong-2. Tianzhou-1 is 10 metres in length and is said to carry 6.5 tonnes of supplies.This would mean it is able to carry double that of rival cargo ships, claims China. The craft raises China’s hopes for its first manned space station by 2022.After removing waste from the space lab it will burn up when re-entering Earth’s atmosphere.
Apr 22, 2017
- Dinosaur extinction: India's Deccan Traps reveal volcanoes behind this mystery
- Shark DNA increases longevity of humans, may cure cancer: study
- Gene-edited Chinese babies can have superior brain powers, says new research
- Will Artificial Intelligence take away jobs from humans?
- Are humans just 140 years away from doomsday triggered by adverse climate change?