Thailand: In Another Lese Majeste Conviction, Former MP Gets 2.5 Years in Jail for 'Insulting Monarchy' in Speech
New Delhi, Dec 03 (ANI): The Opposition parties have united in the Parliament demanding the resignation of BJP leader and Union Minister Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti for her condemnable remarks during an election rally. TMC leader Derek O'Brien said that the opposition parties are unitedly demanding the resignation of the union minister as this is election time and she should have been careful about the words to be used. Meanwhile, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu defended her saying that once the Minister has apologized for what she said the opposition should not use it as an issue to disrupt the parliamentary proceedings.
Dec 3, 2014
Rajkot, Dec 3 (ANI): 35 fishermen, who were released by Pakistan three days ago, expressed happiness after they returned home in India. The fishermen had been arrested for illegal fishing in Pakistani waters. One prisoner was arrested for illegally crossing the border. These fishermen were natives form Saurashtra region of Gujarat. One of the organisation working in Pakistan gave all 35 fishermen Pakistan currency worth 10000 rupees (161.600 USD) and a kit which includes a saree, shirt and other household items. Meanwhile, assistant director of fisheries, KP Tandon, said that all the fishermen were looked after well. The fishermen took the golden mail train, which they had to change at another station to board the Saurashtra mail that brought them to Veraval district of Gujarat.
Dec 3, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 3 (ANI): The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has cleared the name of Anil Kumar Sinha as the next director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Sinha, a 1979 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre, will succeed Ranjit Sinha, who retired on Tuesday. A high-powered committee comprising Prime Minister Narendra Modi, leader of the Congress in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge and Chief Justice of India H L Dattu chose Sinha from a panel of aspirants to be the next CBI chief. Sinha has been working in the CBI since May 15, 2013 as special director and is supervising investigations into several high profile cases. Before joining CBI, he was posted as additional secretary in the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
Dec 3, 2014
- Now, TV actress Nilani tries to commit suicide
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal
- Militants abduct, kill three policemen in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian
- Kerala nun rape case: Vatican temporarily suspends accused Jalandhar Bishop Franco Mulakkal
- India calls off Swaraj-Qureshi meeting, says Imran Khan's 'true face' exposed
- West Bengal: 2 students killed in clash with police over hiring of teachers; BJP calls for 12-hour-bandh
- Injured Jet Airways passenger threatens to upload flight video if demands aren't met
- 3 UFOs spotted in the night sky of New Jersey, triggering row over origin
- JKBOSE 10th and 12th class date sheet 2018 out: Exams from October