New Delhi, Dec 3 (ANI): Senior IPS officer Anil Kumar Sinha on Wednesday took charge as the new CBI chief. Anil Kumar Sinha, a 1979 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre, is succeeding Ranjit Sinha, who retired on Tuesday. Anil Kumar Sinha was working in the CBI since May 15, 2013 as special director and was supervising investigations into several high profile cases. Before joining CBI, he was posted as additional secretary in the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
Dec 3, 2014
Australia, Dec 03 (ANI): The funeral of Australian test cricketer Phillip Hughes began to the strains of a song entitled "Forever Young" in his home town on Wednesday. Eight days after Hughes was struck by a ball in the back of the head and six after he died of the catastrophic injuries that resulted, his family, friends and a host of cricketing greats gathered at Macksville High School to bid farewell to him. Father Michael Alcock welcomed the mourners in the small rural community halfway between Sydney and Brisbane. Hughes' brother Jason wrote his brother what he called the most important letter he would ever write. Australia captain Michael Clarke broke down in tears for the second time in a few days as he paid public tribute to his former team mate and friend, who would have been 26 last Sunday.
Dec 3, 2014
Bhopal, Dec 03 (ANI): Survivors of Bhopal gas tragedy, world's worst industrial disaster which happened three decades ago, on Wednesday (December 03), recalled the night when cyanide gas in air killed thousands. In the early hours of December 03, 1984, around 40 metric tonnes of toxic methyl isocyanate gas accidentally leaked from a pesticide factory owned by US multinational Union Carbide Corp. and was carried by the wind into the surrounding slums. The government recorded 5,295 deaths. Activists estimate 25,000 people have died from illnesses in the years since. Many more, they said, are dealing with cancer, blindness, respiratory difficulties and immune and neurological disorders, but with no support. Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan along with other government officials organized special prayers for the victims and observed a moment of silence as a tribute to the victims.
Dec 3, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 03 (ANI): Floral tributes were paid to the first President of India- Dr Rajendra Prasad in the Parliament on his 130th birth anniversary on Wednesday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Veteran BJP leader LK Advani, Former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and other Parliamentary dignitaries paid floral tribute to Prasad. President Pranab Mukherjee also paid floral tributes to the first President of India on occasion of his 130th birth anniversary at Rashtrapati Bhavan today.
Dec 3, 2014
Thailand: In Another Lese Majeste Conviction, Former MP Gets 2.5 Years in Jail for 'Insulting Monarchy' in Speech
- Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma and I don't lead fairytale lives unlike what people think
- North India rains: Himachal Pradesh receives 665% more downpour than usual
- Himachal Pradesh: 35 IIT students missing in Lahaul and Spiti as heavy rain, snowfall disrupt life
- Luka Modric wins Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year; Brazil's Marta wins the women's award
- Violinist Balabhaskar critically injured, daughter killed in road accident
- Indian man charged in Dubai for groping 25-year-old woman
- Post-2014, India 'richer' by 601 new billionaires; Mukesh Ambani on top
- Rafale deal: Why Dassault decided to partner with Anil Ambani's Reliance Defence
- Nibiru or Sun's reflection? Red second Sun glowing behind clouds sparks imminent apocalypse fear