The Taliban has claimed responsibility for a suicide and gunmen attack on the house of Afghan MP Mir Wali on 21 December. Five people were killed in the attack, where a meeting was taking place. Wali is believed to have escaped, but relatives and friends of the MP have reportedly been taken hostage. Kabul has seen repeated attacks by suicide bombers and gunmen in recent months.
Dec 22, 2016
CBSE three language policy: HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar assures new formula will not impose any language on schools
Indian parents accused of beating their child; Norway authorities take custody of 5-year-old from NRI couple
Jammu and Kashmir: Security forces cordon off Bandipora's Hajin village over presence of suspected terrorists
- From rise of AI to doomsday asteroid: Five possible ways world could end
- Congress' candidate list for Kerala Lok Sabha polls to be finalised by February 20
- Casteism forces 17-year-old boy to carry his mother's body on cycle for 5kms in Odisha [VIDEO]
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'
- Who is Satyarup Siddhanta? Bengaluru techie scales the tallest mountains and volcanoes in the world