At a gathering of London businesses at the London Transport Museum on 8 February, London Mayor Sadiq Khan poked fun at US President Donald Trump and the use of alternative facts. Khan also joked about the attendance of the gathering, referencing the Trump administration claims that up to 1.5 million people were at his inauguration, when actually there were far fewer. The speech also had a serious tone as well, as the London Mayor promised to fight for businesses in London so that they can still have access to the Single Market and the best talent from around the world.
Feb 9, 2017
Russia says it is not supplying Pakistan with Su-35 aircraft, clarifies its co-operation with Islamabad 'quite limited'
Barack Obama's vacation pictures with Richard Branson in Virgin Islands will give you new life goals
Brexit gets the green light: House of Commons votes to allow UK PM Theresa May to open talks with EU
UK Prime Minister Theresa May won approval from Parliaments lower chamber on 8 February to trigger Britains exit from the European Union. The bill passed straight through the lower house despite attempts by pro-EU MPs to make amendments to the bill. Lawmakers (MPs) voted 494 to 122 in favour of legislation giving May the right to trigger Article 50, ending days of intense debate.
Feb 9, 2017
Kashmir shutdown: Essential services hit after separatists protest on Afzal Guru's death anniversary
One-third of Indian students feel schools are unsafe, corporal punishment and bullying feared, says global survey
- What is West Nile Virus? 7-year-old boy dies in Kerala, was in isolation ward for last 10 days
- Aliens secretly living in Saturn's moon Pan? Researcher analyses NASA images to prove it
- Manohar Parrikar to be accorded state funeral with full military honours at Miramar beach
- List of names written on New Zealand terror accused Brenton Tarrant's guns
- Researcher claims he found UFO on moon's Waterman crater, seeks Elon Musk's attention