Watch: One DU student apologises after 4 of them were arrested for 'stalking' Union minister Smriti Irani [VIDEO]
Iraqi forces continue their fight against Isis on the edge of the Old City in Mosul. The neighbourhood around the al-Nuri mosque is the focus of the advance. Three years ago, Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi proclaimed a caliphate there.Narrow streets in this densely populated area have slowed down the army’s advance. Residents say Isis militants use them as human shields. According to the UN, several hundred civilians have been killed in the past month.
Apr 1, 2017
Fewer than 200 demonstrators attended a far-right “March Against Terrorism” in Central London. Britain First and the EDL sought to capitalise on the recent terror attack in Westminster.A large number of protesters joined a counter demonstration organised by Unite Against Fascism. A heavy police presence attempted to keep the different groups separate. Several protesters against the march were arrested in clashes with police.
Apr 1, 2017
- From rise of AI to doomsday asteroid: Five possible ways world could end
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- Casteism forces 17-year-old boy to carry his mother's body on cycle for 5kms in Odisha [VIDEO]
- Porn ban: Has blocking 827 websites decreased porn consumption in India?