Samsung Group leader Jay Y. Lee arrived at the South Korean special prosecutors office on 12 Janaury, for questioning over bribery suspicions. Lee has been embroiled as part of a widening political scandal that may permanently unseat President Park Geun-hye.Samsung gave 30 billion won (£20m, $25m), to foundations backed by Parks friend, Choi Soon-sil. It is being investigated whether that was connected to the national pension funds support for a controversial 2015 merger of Samsung C and T Corp and Cheil Industries Inc.
Jan 12, 2017
Brawls erupted as politicians from AK Party tried to prevent CHP MP, Fatma Kaplan from filming the voting session with her mobile. Politicians from two parties traded kicks and punches as acting parliament speaker adjourned the session. The fights broke out during a debate at general assembly on constitutional changes that would hand President Tayyip Erdogan sweeping new powers as an executive president.Under the reform, President Erdogan will be able to appoint and dismiss government ministers, take back the leadership of the ruling party, and govern until 2029.Erdogan and his supporters argue that Turkey needs the strong leadership of an executive presidency to prevent a return to the fragile coalition governments of the past, but opponents fear the reform will fuel authoritarianism.
Jan 12, 2017
CRPF jawan alleges discrimination between army and paramilitary forces 2 days after BSF jawan's video went viral
India launches second Scorpene-class stealth submarine INS Khanderi, as Chinese subs spotted in Pakistan harbour
Bengaluru David Guetta concert: French DJ's show cancelled due to local election, says IGP Bengaluru
UP Assembly elections 2017: Will Priyanka Gandhi and Dimple Yadav campaigning together change fortunes of Congress, SP?
- Now, TV actress Nilani tries to commit suicide
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal
- Militants abduct, kill three policemen in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian
- Kerala nun rape case: Vatican temporarily suspends accused Jalandhar Bishop Franco Mulakkal
- India calls off Swaraj-Qureshi meeting, says Imran Khan's 'true face' exposed
- West Bengal: 2 students killed in clash with police over hiring of teachers; BJP calls for 12-hour-bandh
- JKBOSE 10th and 12th class date sheet 2018 out: Exams from October
- Injured Jet Airways passenger threatens to upload flight video if demands aren't met
- 3 UFOs spotted in the night sky of New Jersey, triggering row over origin