Morning Brief: 12 dead in Germany truck attack, why Manipur is burning, what does the AI holographic 'waifu' do and more
Germany truck attack: Berlin Christmas market attack was likely by an asylum seeker, says Angela Merkel
The truck had a Polish licence plate, while the driver is believed to be under arrest and the co-driver died.
Dec 20, 2016
A journalist said the gunman shouted You killed civilians in Syria, you will not get away with this,’ before gunning down Andrey Karlov.
Dec 20, 2016
A man who is suspected of kicking a woman down a flight of stairs at a Berlin underground station has been arrested. Police have detained the 27-year-old. The woman tumbled down the stairs, falling face first onto the platform below – she broke her arm in the fall and had to be treated in hospital. The incident happened in late October, and video shows a young woman being followed into the Hermannstrasse stop by a group of men, one of whom kicks her in the back, causing her to tumble down the stairs.
Dec 19, 2016
IMF chief Christine Lagarde found guilty of misusing public funds as French minister; here's how it could affect the world
In a drive to reduce improper use of the 999 number over the Christmas period, the Metropolitan Police Service has released 12 examples of inappropriate calls to 999 that could have prevented others from getting through to police.The Christmas and New Year period traditionally sees the 999 emergency number at its busiest. This, coupled with a significant increase in call volumes over the past year, has prompted the Met to urge the public to ensure people understand how to get in touch with police without putting unnecessary strain on the 999 system.
Dec 19, 2016
- Respond to Reliance Jio's allegations on Apple Watch: DoT to Airtel
- 2018 Toyota Yaris gets a head start; bookings cross 5,000 and waiting period soars
- Nokia X6 Twitter poll results out: Android phone confirmed to release in global markets
- IPL 2018 playoffs: MS Dhoni talks about prospects of CSK winning third title
- Sridevi's death: Dawood Ibrahim may have a hand in it, says retired ACP of Delhi Police
- Mid-air horror! NRI man masturbates at Indian woman, arrested on landing in Delhi
- Sridevi's death a planned murder, says retired ACP of Delhi Police
- Domestic help killed in Delhi for demanding salary, chopped up body found in drain
- Nipah virus outbreak: Centre sends NCDC team after 3 people die in Kerala