Science & Health
All purpose flour - 1 cup
A pinch of Salt
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
A little Water
Jaggery - 1 cup
Grated fresh Coconut - 1 cup
A few Cardamom pods
1. In a wide bowl add All purpose flour, salt, turmeric powder and water gradually while knead it. Once dough is ready, add coconut oil, gently rub into the dough, its gonna make it little more softer and smoother, just knead it little. Keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Grind the grated fresh coconut without adding water.
3. For the filling: take a little water in a pot, and add jaggery to it and let it melt. After it melts, strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
4. Add the coconut to the strained jaggery syrup. Pound some fresh cardamom and add it. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Let it cool.
5. Take a little dough Flatten it, place some coconut filling in the center and seal it all sides. Flatten a little bit.
6. Dust enough all purpose flour, flatten it the Coconut puran poli, roll it gently, you can roll it in to medium thickness.
7. Heat a tawa and roast the coconut puran poli using ghee. The Coconut puran poli is ready to serve with ghee.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www
Sep 19, 2014
12 minutes ago
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Planetary alignment to be blamed? Magnitude 6.7 earthquake jolts Chile
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists