In the absence of RNA – or protein-based replication machinery – it is possible for RNA to replicate in a non-enzymatic, template-directed manner. In this animation, the nascent RNA strand is formed from activated nucleotides by Watson-Crick base pairing.
Nov 2, 2016
Science & Health
There was a 30% decline in African savanna elephants from 2007 and 2014. Forest elephants suffered a 65% decline between 2002 and 2013. Poaching is the main threat to African elephants today. Despite an international ban on ivory in 1989, conservationists say we entered a second poaching crisis in 2009 as many Asian economies have grown – thus increasing the demand for ivory.
Nov 1, 2016
World Stroke Day 2016: India observes the campaign for the first time with ambassador Sunil Gavaskar
- Does watching porn affect your brain? Researchers make startling discovery
- Ferries halted, alarms triggered as Sydney choked by bushfire smoke
- Physical illness ups suicide risk in men, not women: Study reveals
- Keto diet may fight against Alzheimer's disease
- Australian firefighters try to control bushfires ahead of hot days