A second deadly storm has returned to the Philippines this week as the country was pummeled by Typhoon Haima with torrential rains and wind, leaving at least four dead. Earlier, Typhoon Sarika caused heavy flooding in parts of the country. The typhoon raised fears that Haima could be on par with the devastating Typhoon Haiyan that battered the Philippines in 2013.
Oct 20, 2016
Science & Health
Two astronauts, Jing Haipeng and Chen Dong, have entered the lab to begin a 30-day stay, spending a total of 33 days in space, the longest yet for China. Advancing Chinas space programme is a priority for Beijing, aiming to have a more permanent space station and the possibility for manned trips to the Moon and Mars as well as operating the worlds largest radio telescope.
Oct 19, 2016
Chinkara poaching cases: Rajasthan govt approaches Supreme Court over acquittal of Salman Khan, wants him to surrender
- All you need to know about the engineer who found Vikram lander debris in NASA images
- One-third of lung cancer patients have depression: Study
- Vaping leaves e-cigarette user with rare lung scarring: Study
- Scientists unveil real reason behind the extinction of Neanderthal
- As sea engulfs coastline, Indonesians pay high price to shield homes