Science & Health
Former US Vice-president Al Gore, a prominent climate activist, met with President-elect Donald Trump on 5 December.Trump has called man-made climate change a hoax while Gore is one of the best known crusaders in the fight against it. During the 2016 US presidential election Gore said Trump’s polices would ‘take us toward a climate catastrophe’. After the meeting, Gore called it ‘extremely interesting’. After the election on 22 November, Trump said that he had an ‘open mind’ on the Paris Agreement on climate change - in stark contrast to what he said on his election campaign.
Dec 6, 2016
- New study unveils more mindblowing details about interstellar visitor Oumuamua
- Giant asteroid taller than Empire State Building heading towards Earth this week
- Coronavirus vaccine development moving positively: Bharat Biotech CEO
- Coronavirus only tip of an iceberg; more outbreaks to follow, warns top virologist
- Who is Rajiv V. Joshi, winner of 'Inventor of the Year' award: His remarkable feats