Science & Health
The MEL Chemistry boxes let you experiment with simple chemical reactions.The sets are meant to excite children about chemistry.Using a pile of sugar and baking soda, children can create a burning sugar snake.Having mixed baking soda (NaHCO3 ) and sugar to a ratio of 4:1, the powder can then be set alight using solid fuel.The snake starts to grow and, in some cases, can get up to 50cm long.
Nov 28, 2016
In 2015, a 225-square-mile iceberg broke off of the Pine Island Glacier in Antarctica, and researchers at The Ohio State University have discovered that the event was no ordinary breakup. The culprit: a deep subsurface rift that cracked through the ice nearly 20 miles inland – a sign that the largest ice reserve in the world may be melting sooner rather than later.
Nov 28, 2016
One Nation leader and right-wing populist Pauline Hanson has been slammed by conservationists for taking media to a healthy section of Queensland’s Great Barrier Reef, while denying the effects of climate change.
Nov 27, 2016
- Coronavirus vaccine could be ready by October, Pfizer CEO claims as clinical trials underway
- Today's CO2 levels higher than past 23 million years: Study
- Coronavirus only tip of an iceberg; more outbreaks to follow, warns top virologist
- Who is Rajiv V. Joshi, winner of 'Inventor of the Year' award: His remarkable feats
- Coronavirus vaccine development moving positively: Bharat Biotech CEO