Science & Health
For some this is the sound of progress. The coal mining industry is booming in India where a new mine is opened every month. In their push to compete on the global stage, Asian countries like India are increasingly looking to coal to power their economies and feed their growing energy demands. Officials in Indias coal ministry said despite a push for renewable energy sources, coal will continue to win out.
Nov 21, 2015
As world leaders prepare for climate talks in Paris at the end of November, Nasa satellites have been flying around earth tracking rising carbon dioxide levels, which scientists say are driving climate change. They include the new experimental Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2), which was launched in 2014 and designed to give scientists a fuller picture of the effects.
Nov 21, 2015
Residents from communities near Ecuadors Tungurahua volcano were cleaning up on Thursday (19 November) after the volcano erupted, covering houses and fields with smoke and ash. Authorities issued an orange alert as emissions reached 2,500 metres above the crater.
Nov 20, 2015
15 hours ago
- Princess Diana's never-seen-before handwritten letter reveals her love for chocolate before her battle with bulimia
- Fifa World Cup: Iranian women the real winners as decades-old stadium ban lifted for Spain tie
- Germany fan designs flag with bras and panties to inspire Joachim Low's World Cup team in Russia
- Chhattisgarh: Man rapes, murders his four-year-old granddaughter, held
- NASA accidentally exposed life on Mars? Bizarre alien figure spotted in shocking clip
- Addiction explained: Here's why the brain chooses alcohol over healthier alternatives
- Summer Solstice 2018: Longest day of the year - why it happens, what you need to know
- Yoga and meditation may lead to an inflated ego, study says
- How cancer progresses? New tech can map it real-time