At mosques and shrines across Iraq, millions of Shiites, Iraqis and foreigners, commemorated the slaying of Prophet Mohammads grandson Hussein at the battle of Kerbala in 680 AD, an event that defines Shiism and its rift with Sunni Islam. Loudspeakers blared Ashura chants across the city of Kerbala, where hundreds of thousands of pilgrims dressed in black gathered outside the golden-domed Imam Hussein shrine.
Oct 24, 2015
Protesters form roadblock to raise awareness about Sikh deaths in India.
Oct 22, 2015
Muslim women need not cover their faces, Pakistan's Islamic body rules; says transvestites have rights to inheritance
- Lok Sabha 2019 Election guide: Here is the full schedule and everything you need to know
- Here's all you need to know about IAF's game-changing Chinook helicopters [VIDEO]
- Andhra candidates declare crores of assets while filing for nomination ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- NASA says meteor, alien researcher says UFO: Mystery continues over Bering Sea incident
- Student answers exam the epic way, with due references to Baahubali, KGF; goes viral