The South Korean parliament voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye on 9 December over a corruption scandal. 234 lawmakers of the 300-strong National Assembly voted to suspend Park’s powers, and Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-anh will become acting President. South Korea’s Constitutional Court will decide whether to carry the motion, but if it does, Park would become South Korea’s first democratically elected leader to be removed from office.
Dec 9, 2016
Controversial Dutch anti-Islamist and anti-immigrant Geert Wilders convicted of inciting discrimination
Uttar Pradesh Elections: UP Education Board to conduct Class X, XII exams from Feb 16 to Mar 20; dates likely to clash with polls
Demonetisation [VIDEO]: Opposition's desperation shows as Rahul Gandhi warns of earthquake if he speaks in Parliament
Scottish MP Michelle Thomson has moved the House of Commons to tears on 8 December, as she revealed to colleagues she was raped at the age of 14. She shared her personal story during a Commons debate focused on UN International Day For The Elimination Of Violence Against Woman.
Dec 8, 2016
French Socialist Prime Minister Manuel Valls has announced that he will be standing in the 2017 presidential election, days after President Francois Hollande said that he will not be seeking re-election.
Dec 6, 2016
The EUs chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier has said that his team are ready to start negotiations with the UK when Article 50 is triggered. The French politician wants a orderly withdrawal and has so far visited 18 of the 28 EU nations ahead of the talks. He said he expected formal negotiations to last less than 18 months.
Dec 6, 2016
UK Prime Minister Theresa May has defended making trade deals with Saudia Arabia and Bahrain, despite them being under fire from human rights groups. Speaking on 6 December on HMS Ocean in Bahrain, she said that if Britain was going to influence Gulf leaders and improve human rights in the area, they needed to be engaging with them. Theresa May is in the Gulf to strengthen trade talks post-Brexit, and to also oversee measures to improve security to help tackle terrorism in the area.
Dec 6, 2016
- Croatian president's hugs, Putin's umbrella and Macron's Pogba dab: Leaders steal the show after World Cup final
- France coach Didier Deschamps reveals crucial moment in their journey to Fifa World Cup glory
- Mobile deal alert: Apple iPhone X price slashed ahead of Amazon Prime Day sale
- Want to reduce your carbon footprint? Stop giving birth to more children
- UFOs are real, but don't know what they are: Former UK ministry official Nick Pope
- Uber driver assaults passenger leaving him with broken nose, Ola driver arrested for trying to throw footwear at rider
- Madhur Bhandarkar hits out at Rahul Gandhi for his comment on Sacred Games' controversy
- Pakistan Army spokesperson Asif Ghafoor tweets picture of Baloch leader standing on Indian flag
- Google techie lynched in Karnataka's Bidar over child-lifting rumours on WhatsApp