Republican Senator Jeff Sessions bids farewell to the US Senate after he is voted 52-47 to serve as the next attorney general of the US. The Alabama senator is known for his tough stance on immigration enforcement and his early support of President Donald Trump who nominated him for the job. Republican senators voted on 7 February to end Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warrens reading of a letter written 30 years ago by Martin Luther King Jrs widow that criticized Sessions, still nominee at the time to lead the Justice Department, for his civil rights record.
Feb 9, 2017
At a gathering of London businesses at the London Transport Museum on 8 February, London Mayor Sadiq Khan poked fun at US President Donald Trump and the use of alternative facts. Khan also joked about the attendance of the gathering, referencing the Trump administration claims that up to 1.5 million people were at his inauguration, when actually there were far fewer. The speech also had a serious tone as well, as the London Mayor promised to fight for businesses in London so that they can still have access to the Single Market and the best talent from around the world.
Feb 9, 2017
UK Prime Minister Theresa May won approval from Parliaments lower chamber on 8 February to trigger Britains exit from the European Union. The bill passed straight through the lower house despite attempts by pro-EU MPs to make amendments to the bill. Lawmakers (MPs) voted 494 to 122 in favour of legislation giving May the right to trigger Article 50, ending days of intense debate.
Feb 9, 2017
Kashmir shutdown: Essential services hit after separatists protest on Afzal Guru's death anniversary
Narendra Modi's dig at Manmohan Singh: Has the protesting Congress always backed the former prime minister?
Mr. President, Mr. President, Republican majority leader Mitch McConell interrupted Liberal Democratic Elizabeth Warren as she was reading a 30-year-old letter by Martin Luther King Juniors wife, Coretta Scott King. However, this wasn’t going to stop her reading the letter, which she did just outside the door on Facebook live.
Feb 8, 2017
Pakistan summons India's deputy high commissioner over "unprovoked ceasefire violation" by Indian troops
Tamil Nadu: Amid feud between AIADMK chief Sasikala and former CM O Panneerselvam, Congress blames BJP for mess
PM Modi in Ghaziabad: 'Uttar Pradesh can become India's Uttam Pradesh if they choose the right government'
Assembly and municipal elections 2017: Will Congress-SP and Hardik Patel-Shiv Sena come together against PM Modi?
- Rafale deal row: Modi govt 'insulted, hurt and destroyed' future of HAL, says Rahul Gandhi
- ICC keen on curbing players' participation in T20 leagues to keep bilateral series alive
- Sovereign gold bonds fixed at Rs 3146 per gram; all you need to know
- Meerut: Over 100 Dalit families barred from installing Goddess Kali idol; threaten to convert to Islam
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer
- Red glowing fire spotted in North Carolina sparks Nibiru apocalypse fear
- Maharashtra: Man commits suicide after female co-worker demands for regular sex
- Chinese troops enter Indian side in Arunachal Pradesh, return after objection from the army
- Who was Paul Allen? Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies at 65