Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has urged the UK Prime Minister Theresa May to reverse the governments shameful decision to turn away child refugees.
Feb 11, 2017
Uttarakhand Polls 2017: 'Time for politicians and bureaucrats to pay for their wrongdoing,' says PM Modi at Rudrapur rally
UP Assembly Elections 2017: Rahul-Akhilesh release Common Minimum Programme; Cong VP reacts to PM Modi's 'raincoat' jibe
Speaking on BBC Twos documentary After Brexit: The Battle For Europe on 9 February, National Front president Marine Le Pen called the right and left of politics an illusion. The controversial populist presidential hopeful claimed that real division was between globalists and patriots. Le Pen also addressed the issue of the National Front being seen as racist, saying that those critics no longer exist in France and it is only people outside of France that hold that opinion.
Feb 10, 2017
French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron has repeated his 4 February invitation for US scientists affected by President Donald Trump’s stance on climate change to relocate to France. Macron, the candidate for En Marche!, who describes himself as neither right- nor left-wing, said in the clip that the message was for, “American researchers, entrepreneurs, engineers, working on climate change,” and that they were welcome in France.
Feb 10, 2017
US President Donald Trump suffered a legal blow on 9 January when a federal appeals court refused to reinstate a temporary travel ban he had ordered on people from seven Muslim-majority countries. A three-judge panel of the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously ruled that the Trump administration failed to offer any evidence that national security concerns justified immediately restoring the ban, which was launched late last month. Shortly after the court issued its 29-page ruling, Trump tweeted: SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE! He told reporters his administration ultimately would win the case and dismissed the ruling as political”. The court was only ruling on the narrow issue of whether or not to lift an emergency halt to Trumps order put in place by a lower court while that case is ongoing. The judges said more briefing would be needed on the merits of the arguments on both sides.
Feb 10, 2017
TN AIADMK political crisis: OPS winning Panneerselvam vs Sasikala battle as HC asks police for report on 'missing' AIADMK MLAs
A federal appeals court unanimously refused to reinstate President Donald Trumps travel ban on refugees and travellers from seven Muslim-majority countries on Thursday (9 February). The decision is likely to be appealed in the US Supreme Court, where it could face a 4-4 tie among justices. Trump quickly lashed out on the decision by the 9th Circuit Courts of Appeals. SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE! he tweeted.
Feb 10, 2017
- Watch BSP MP Rakesh Pandey's son brandish a gun outside Hyatt hotel in Delhi [Video]
- #MeToo: Union Minister MJ Akbar to have 6 lawyers and not 97, confirms law firm
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- #MeToo: MJ Akbar returns to India; will issue statement on sexual harassment allegations
- US airman who claimed to have seen alien evidence on moon dies in horrific bike accident
- Jamal Khashoggi was beheaded and cut into pieces alive after gruesome 7-minute torture
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer
- Who is Suhasini Raj? Lady journalist forced to abandon Sabarimala trek mid-way amid protests
- H-1B visas to undergo major changes in favour of US workers making things tougher for foreign nationals