Protesters who didnt believe in either of the candidates in the French presidential election took to the streets on 7 May to voice their frustration in having to vote for someone they did not support. The victory for Emmanuel Macron over Marine Le Pen comes amid one of the lowest turnouts in recent French history with 25% of voters abstaining.
May 8, 2017
Aam Aadmi Party's failure is not a political tragedy; it's a blow to India's quest for alternative politics
Emmanuel Macron to become youngest president of France: French defy anti-immigration sentiments that fuelled Brexit and Donald Trump election
President elect Macrons first speech after results.
May 8, 2017
AAP denies Mishra's allegations against Kejriwal even as Congress, BJP demand Delhi CM's resignation
Tens of thousands of women marched through cities in Venezuela to protest President Nicolás Maduro.The protesters called for peace after weeks of violent protests in the country. At least 37 people have died in anti-Maduro protests since early April.Protesters call for the presidential election to be moved forward from 2018 opposition activists to be freed and humanitarian aid from abroad.Maduro plans to set up a constituent assembly with extended powers to control the crisis-hit country.
May 7, 2017
Polls have opened for the second round of the French presidential election. Centrist Emmanuel Macron stands against anti-immigrant far-right candidate Marine Le Pen. Preliminary results will be announced at 7pm GMT.Tight security is meant to protect the 67,000-odd polling stations from possible terrorist attacks.A day before the election hackers leaked a number of documents from Macrons campaign staff. Election officials warned media to not publish the leaked data to avoid influencing the election.
May 7, 2017
The Shadow Home Secretary also rebuffed the idea that disappointing local election results mean the upcoming general election on 8 June is done and dusted.
May 5, 2017
20 hours ago
- India vs West Indies: Shimron Hetmeyer scores hundred to hand hosts a tough chase
- End of 'Good Times'? Embattled tycoon Vijay Mallya might lose swanky London mansion
- Delhi sees a dramatic dip in murders and thefts; police claim a 20-75% drop in crime rate
- Uttar Pradesh: Monkeys stone man to death; victim's family files FIR against them
- Who is Noor Inayat Khan? Indian-origin spy and World War II hero may feature on £50 note
- Uttar Pradesh on high alert for Zika virus; AAI to monitor passengers showing symptoms
- World's longest sea-crossing bridge opens between Hong Kong, China
- Cloaking technology? Clouds shaped like alien UFO mothership spotted in California skies
- TV News anchor spots UFO live on Argentine channel, conspiracy theorists claim it alien existence